Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fathead

About 8 weeks ago, my medical student flatmate decided to make himself a large pot of pasta. Then he forgot to wash it. About 7 weeks ago, he realised the krusty kompound on the inside of the pot wasnt going to come off by itself, so he filled the pot with hot water and some washing up liquid and left it to unstick. About 5 weeks ago, I noticed that the pot hadn't moved yet, so I lifted the lid, and the goddman toxic waste inside was so putrid and full of bacteria that It almost stepped out of the pot and shook my hand. I slammed the lid down back on top of the pot, but if I'd taken the time to ask It what the hell it was, It could probably have replied to me in perfect English that It reckoned It was going to turn nuclear any day now, and once It had corroded the pot in which It was being kept prisoner, It was going to destroy the world. Or at least my kitchen counter. The people at CERN don't need to fix their large hadron collider to figure out the origins of life...I'm pretty sure there's at least 2 and a half litres of primordial soup here in Galway full of the answers to the mysteries of the universe.

After this morning's victory for Obama and change and 'Yes We Can', I was inspidered to finally take action. Although I've been mentioning to my flatmate for weeks now to get rid of it, that obviously hasn't happened and I was beginning to feel like a nag.

So I put the pot in his fridge to cryogenically slow down the putrification process and he can deal with it some time in the future.

(Yes, he bought his OWN fridge for the rented apartment earlier in the year. Damn affluence.)

Anyway, how am I supposed to become a decent lawyer when I can't even get my own flatmate (once again, 9 months away from being a medical doctor) to get rid of a large pot of toxic waste that shouldn't even exist in the first place!...Here's hoping the next episode of Raising the Bar deals with these kinds of issues because I definitely wont find help in my BarBri books for this kind problem!

No comments: